Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Vague Text Message Dinner

Since I was going to be home at a decent time (for once!) this evening, I texted Amanda from work to see what she wanted me to make for dinner. Her response text said "something nutritious, full of veggies, maybe some brown rice?". So with those rather loose guidelines and the leftovers in the fridge, I made dinner.

Something Nutritious

Half a package of tempeh, cut into cubes
(Marinate: lemon juice, soy sauce, ground black pepper, salt, minced garlic, sesame seeds, cilantro)
3/4 cup whole wheat couscous
2/3 cup snow peas, halved
1/2 yellow squash, cut into thin half moon silvers

To Do:

In a Ziploc bag combine the marinate and the tempeh cubes. In a skillet, heat the snow peas, yellow squash, and the couscous. Add the tempeh last and cook until brown and heated through. Serve to your very hungry roommate for a filling dinner.

Yeah, I was pretty impressed by how this photo turned out with the sunlight streaming in the dining room window.
Like most of my recipes, this is really just what I had in my fridge; it can be modified with whatever grains, veggies, and protein-sources you have on hand.
Happy Eating!
-Robin-

No comments: