Saturday, April 5, 2008

Throwing Things in a Pan

scallop, edamame, and spinach dinner

I actually made this dinner last week, so this post is a little late in coming. Surprising because I was thrilled with the result and want to share.

I was trying to figure out something light for dinner with a good source of protein and a way to use the spinach in my fridge. I found these mini frozen scallops I had bought from Whole Foods and frozen edamame (great source of protein) and figured, what the hell, what's the worst that could happen...


Apparently awesomeness! Even with my horrible impromptu cooking skills (we've covered that I like to follow recipes), this was really tasty with well-balanced flavors.

Scallop, edamame, and spinach throw-down:

1/2 a bag of Whole Foods frozen scallops (lightly seasoned with butter)
1/2 cup - 1 cup frozen edamame
1-2 cups baby spinach (as much as you can fit in the pan)

1. Heat a pan on the stove over medium heat, add the scallops and let them warm-up for a about a minute (if your scallops don't have flavoring, use a little olive oil or butter at first and some salt and pepper towards the end of the cooking process.)

2. Add the edamame and stir it up.

3. When it seems like the scallops are starting to get cooked through (they'll start to get a more solid white color rather than that raw translucence), add the spinach and let it wilt in the pan, mixing it up when there's room to do so without projecting spinach leaves across your kitchen.

4. Eat the awesomeness and feel good about yourself in the process.

~*'Biz'*~




No comments: