Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Herb White Bean Dip

One of the things I want to work on is using all the items in my kitchen (this is also because I will be moving in less than a month and don't want to transport lots of stored food stuffs). So I made note of what was in my kitchen last week and scanned my recipe book for things I could make that would use up some of the things I have laying around. Spinach and white beans topped the list (see Too Hot for Wendy Soup as part of this kitchen-purging exercise).

As a fan of hummus, I thought this recipe was worth trying (and I have rosemary growing on my windowbox, so it was win-win).

Herb White Bean Dip

2 tablespoons rosemary
2 tablespoons sage
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 can white/cannellini beans, rinsed and drained

Now this recipe said something about chopping or mincing or something like that - I'm lazy (as anyone who reads this blog knows) so I literally just threw everything into the food processor and pulsed it until it was smooth. Done.

I served it with celery, because there was some in my fridge, but it would work well with lots of things. If I had been home more this week I may have used it as a spread in a veggie wrap, but unfortunately, I was not.

Quick, easy, stores well in the fridge for about a week. Worth making.

-Robin-

No comments: