Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ethnically Promiscuous Dinner

I think I've mentioned before that I LOVE it when people cook for me. This past Saturday night, my friend Andy had my roommate Amanda and me over for dinner at his new apartment. When I called him from the grocery store to ask if he needed us to bring anything, he told me that he was all set: we were going to have an ethnically promiscuous dinner.


The dinner started with some delicious Syrian lentil soup (which I really liked, despite Andy thinking it was too lemon-y.)


The cook! Andy in the kitchen. (Hope the Army guys don't see this picture...)


The main course, a Thai style peanut noodle dish, with yellow and red bell peppers (really really yummy).

Chocolate cake for dessert! This is apparently one of Andy's standard cake recipes (it's so simple that you mix all the ingredients in the dish you bake it in - no need to dirty a mixing bowl). It also just happens to be vegan, which is really exciting. I had two servings.

Me, on my first helping of cake. (And pretty delicious red wine, I might add!)
Here's hoping there's a good friend in your life who cooks you dinner like Andy. Not to mention great conversations about social issues and politics until 1:30 am. : )
Happy Eating!
-Robin-





No comments: