Thursday, June 5, 2008

Yes, my family drove to NYC to buy cookies

So there's this bakery in NYC which has the best cookies I have ever tasted. My sister and I discovered them last summer when she was there for co-op with Theory (a fashion design thing) and I was visiting her to hang out. The store is called Levain Bakery. This is their website: http://www.levainbakery.com/. They are located at 167 West 74th Street (go W74th and Columbus). If you are in New York and like cookies at all, go there. It is delicious.

I was in Philly last week for the Drexel University fashion show, mainly to see my sister's senior collection. (She tied for best accessories - after all she did make all of her own jewelry, which is fantastic and which I direly want to steal from her). The show was on a Wednesday (don't ask me why), and my mom and I were staying at Sarah's apartment until the weekend, so we decided to head up to New York on Friday. We may say we went to window shop, to go to Soho, or just to hang-out. These were all secondary. We went for the cookies.

(I have no idea who these men are.)

Best cookies ever.

Driving back from Philly, we stopped by King of Prussia Mall and had lunch at Zodiac, the restaurant in Neiman Marcus. Not many people know about this place - it's hidden in an expensive department store but is a tasty and reasonably-priced restaurant. Plus, they give you chicken broth and popovers with strawberry butter to start. I was a little disappointed with my entree this time (a mixed greens salad topped with lamb, roasted tomatoes, asparagus, and olive oil); it just wasn't that exciting. Good, but not wowing with flavor. The food is usually much better.

half-eaten popover with strawberry butter

salad with lamb and roasted tomatoes

~*'Biz'*~

No comments: