Monday, June 23, 2008

Hungry Hungry Hiker Apple Crisp

There are two Appalachian Trail hikers currently enjoying some rest and relaxation at my apartment in DC. To amuse myself (and keep up there 4,000 calorie a day diet) I've been doing a lot of baking. This apple crisp is probably the most delicious things I've made for them.

Hungry Hungry Hiker Apple Crisp

5 apples (because that's how many I had on my counter)
1/3 cup almonds, halved (or use already chopped)
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1/3 stick margarine (or butter if you're not vegan)

To Do:

Peel the apples and cut them into slices. Line them around a baking pan in a spiral pattern, overlapping if necessary to fit them all in.

In a microwave safe separate bowl, mix the almonds, oats, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and margarine. Heat for about a minute until the margarine is melted. Stir.

Pour the oat mixture over the apples in the baking dish.

Bake on 350 degrees for 25 minutes until soft and delicious. Serve warm.

Uncooked, although it looked similar cooked.

Sarah really likes my cooking. A lot.
Happy Eating!
-Robin-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved it!