Saturday, November 22, 2008

Resurrecting Our Appetites

As evidence by the photo below of what it looks like outside my dining room window, it has been a while since I've posted. I apologize.


Transitioning back to my hometown as a working adult has proved more of an adjustment than I imagined. But that's an excuse and not a very good one at that. Expect more posts here. Very soon. And more frequently than not.

Working on this blog made me extremely happy when I was doing it. And I could use all the happiness I could get. And yes, those are chicken nuggets. I took this photograph of The Village Pet Store and Charcoal Grill, an art installation in NYC when I was there a few weeks ago for work. It was incredibly brilliant and one of the best things I've seen in a long time.

Otto, our next door neighbor's dog, will be making frequent UCC appearances
And while Biz is in Dublin I will try to hold down the fort around here (and do a better job than I have been!). I'm sure when Biz gets back and settled we'll be able to hear all about Dublin and Ireland and all the theatre she's been doing (not to mention everything else)! So look forward to her return in the next few months (I know I am!)


Other than decorating fruits and vegetables for the various holidays of this season, I have been cooking a lot and the forthcoming posts will reflect the abundance of my local farmer's market, the introduction of Kevin Vegetarian Cook Extraordinaire, and Amanda's new job at Trader Joe's.

These jazzed up scones are just a sample of what's to come. They were created from a raspberry scone mix our neighbor Amalea gave us, which I added dried cranberries, almonds, and chocolate chips to. Ashley (roommate from Jordan/recent DC transplant) had to come over and help me eat all of them.
Clearly my friends and family are excited about the UCC being revived, not just because it makes me so ridiculously happy but because they want to be subjected to the abundance of food stuffs they will be forced to eat in the near future.
Happy Eating! You'll be seeing me soon!
-Robin-

No comments: